Re: Kudos for Reviewers -- straw poll

От gabrielle
Тема Re: Kudos for Reviewers -- straw poll
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 5:40 PM, Brendan Jurd <direvus@gmail.com> wrote:
On 26 June 2013 03:17, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
> How should reviewers get credited in the release notes?
>
> a) not at all
> b) in a single block titled "Reviewers for this version" at the bottom.
> c) on the patch they reviewed, for each patch

A weak preference for (c), with (b) running a close second.  As others
have suggested, a review that leads to significant commitable changes
to the patch should bump the credit to co-authorship.

I like the "single block at the bottom" myself, with the same provision to move a reviewer up to co-author.

> Should there be a criteria for a "creditable" review?
>
> a) no, all reviews are worthwhile
> b) yes, they have to do more than "it compiles"
> c) yes, only code reviews should count

(b), the review should at least look at usabililty, doc, and
regression test criteria even if there is no in-depth code analysis.

+1 to this.

> Should reviewers for 9.4 get a "prize", such as a t-shirt, as a
> promotion to increase the number of non-submitter reviewers?
>
> a) yes
> b) no
> c) yes, but submitters and committers should get it too

I was going to go with b until I saw the suggestion for a PgCon ticket.  I really like that idea.

gabrielle