Re: gaussian distribution pgbench -- splits v4

От Mitsumasa KONDO
Тема Re: gaussian distribution pgbench -- splits v4
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

I've committed the changes to pgbench.c and the documentation changes with some further wordsmithing.

Ok, thanks a lot for your reviews and your help with improving the documentation.
Yeah, thanks for all relative members.

I don't think including the other changes in patch A is a good idea,

Fine. It was mostly for testing and checking purposes.
Hmm... It doesn't have harm for pgbench source code. And, in general, checking script is useful for avoiding bug.

nor am I in favor of patch B.

Yep.
No, patch B is still needed. Please tell me the reason. I don't like deciding by someones feeling,
and it needs logical reason. Our documentation is better than the past. I think it can easy to understand decile probability.
This part of the discussion is needed to continue...

Would providing these as additional contrib files be more acceptable? Something like "tpc-b-gauss.sql"... Otherwise there is no example available to show the feature.
I agree the test script and including command line options. It's not harm, and it's useful.

Best regards,
--
Mitsumasa KONDO