Re: wal-e package

От Stuart Bishop
Тема Re: wal-e package
Дата
Список pgsql-pkg-debian
On 28 August 2014 16:29, Christoph Berg <cb@df7cb.de> wrote:
> Re: Stuart Bishop 2014-08-28 <CADmi=6MiYE2++Q47yPLr3apswtcqwRnY2=gQxxh6NCA56h--KQ@mail.gmail.com>
>> Hi.
>>
>> I have packaged wal-e, a tool for PostgreSQL backups and WAL shipping
>> to Swift, Azure & S3 blobs stores. I have it building for Ubuntu 14.04
>> and Ubuntu 14.10 in a Launchpad PPA:
>>
>> https://launchpad.net/~stub/+archive/ubuntu/pgcharm/+packages
>> https://launchpad.net/~stub/+archive/ubuntu/pgcharm/+files/wal-e_0.7.1-0%7E14%7Edaily%7Eubuntu14.04.1.dsc
>> https://launchpad.net/~stub/+archive/ubuntu/pgcharm/+files/wal-e_0.7.1-0%7E14%7Edaily%7Eubuntu14.04.1_all.deb
>>
>> It also requires the python-azure package from the same PPA:
>>
>> https://launchpad.net/~stub/+archive/ubuntu/pgcharm/+files/python-azure_0.8.1-0%7E5%7Eubuntu14.04.1.dsc
>>
>> Ubuntu 14.04 also requires a backport backports of python-swiftclient
>> 2.1.0. I was unable to obtain backports of this to releases earlier
>> than Ubuntu 14.04.
>>
>> Is this appropriate for apt.postgresql.org?
>
> It surely is.
>
>> How to I go about getting it included in apt.postgresql.org?
>
> At the moment, there's two mechanisms, building from some VCS repo
> (git, svn, bzr), or pulling the source from Debian unstable. Is there
> a VCS for the sources? (debian/ only is sufficient, the rest can come
> from upstream tarballs)

Its in bzr on Launchpad, lp:~stub/ubuntu/trusty/wal-e/trunk or
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~stub/ubuntu/trusty/wal-e/trunk/files

# bzr-builder format 0.3 deb-version {debupstream}-0~{revno}~daily
lp:~stub/ubuntu/trusty/wal-e/trunk

The azure dependency is also in bzr at
lp:~stub/ubuntu/trusty/python-azure/trunk, recipe at
https://code.launchpad.net/~stub/+recipe/python-azure-daily

> In any case I prefer the package to also be in Debian, though that's
> not a strict requirement.
>
>> I am not a Debian Developer.
>
> Would you be interested to maintain the package in Debian? I can
> sponsor uploads.

I am interested. However, I don't have any Debian systems to test
with, so I don't know if it is practical or not. My main concern is
the dependencies.

--
Stuart Bishop <stuart@stuartbishop.net>
http://www.stuartbishop.net/