Re: wal-e package

От Christoph Berg
Тема Re: wal-e package
Дата
Список pgsql-pkg-debian
Re: Stuart Bishop 2014-08-28 <CADmi=6MiYE2++Q47yPLr3apswtcqwRnY2=gQxxh6NCA56h--KQ@mail.gmail.com>
> Hi.
>
> I have packaged wal-e, a tool for PostgreSQL backups and WAL shipping
> to Swift, Azure & S3 blobs stores. I have it building for Ubuntu 14.04
> and Ubuntu 14.10 in a Launchpad PPA:
>
> https://launchpad.net/~stub/+archive/ubuntu/pgcharm/+packages
> https://launchpad.net/~stub/+archive/ubuntu/pgcharm/+files/wal-e_0.7.1-0%7E14%7Edaily%7Eubuntu14.04.1.dsc
> https://launchpad.net/~stub/+archive/ubuntu/pgcharm/+files/wal-e_0.7.1-0%7E14%7Edaily%7Eubuntu14.04.1_all.deb
>
> It also requires the python-azure package from the same PPA:
>
> https://launchpad.net/~stub/+archive/ubuntu/pgcharm/+files/python-azure_0.8.1-0%7E5%7Eubuntu14.04.1.dsc
>
> Ubuntu 14.04 also requires a backport backports of python-swiftclient
> 2.1.0. I was unable to obtain backports of this to releases earlier
> than Ubuntu 14.04.
>
> Is this appropriate for apt.postgresql.org?

It surely is.

> How to I go about getting it included in apt.postgresql.org?

At the moment, there's two mechanisms, building from some VCS repo
(git, svn, bzr), or pulling the source from Debian unstable. Is there
a VCS for the sources? (debian/ only is sufficient, the rest can come
from upstream tarballs)

In any case I prefer the package to also be in Debian, though that's
not a strict requirement.

> I am not a Debian Developer.

Would you be interested to maintain the package in Debian? I can
sponsor uploads.

Christoph
--
cb@df7cb.de | http://www.df7cb.de/