Re: [GENERAL] UDP buffer drops / statistics collector

От Tim Kane
Тема Re: [GENERAL] UDP buffer drops / statistics collector
Дата
Re: [GENERAL] UDP buffer drops / statistics collector  (Tim Kane <tim.kane@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Well, this is frustrating..
The buffer drops are still occurring - so I thought it worth trying use a ramdisk and set stats_temp_directory accordingly.

I've reloaded the instance, and can see that the stats directory is now being populated in the new location.  Except - there is one last file (pgss_query_texts.stat) that continues to be updated in the old pg_stat_tmp path..  Is that supposed to happen?

Fairly similar to this guy (but not quite the same).

I can see the packets arriving and being consumed by the collector..  and, the collector is indeed updating in the new stats_temp_directory.. just not for that one file.

It also failed to resolve the buffer drops.. At this point, I'm not sure I expected it to.  They tend to occur semi-regularly (every 8-13 minutes) but I can't correlate them with any kind of activity (and if I'm honest, it's possibly starting to drive me a little bit mad).