Re: [GENERAL] UDP buffer drops / statistics collector

От Alban Hertroys
Тема Re: [GENERAL] UDP buffer drops / statistics collector
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> On 19 Apr 2017, at 20:36, Tim Kane <tim.kane@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Well, this is frustrating..
> The buffer drops are still occurring - so I thought it worth trying use a ramdisk and set stats_temp_directory
accordingly.

> I've reloaded the instance, and can see that the stats directory is now being populated in the new location.  Except
-there is one last file (pgss_query_texts.stat) that continues to be updated in the old pg_stat_tmp path..  Is that
supposedto happen?

> Fairly similar to this guy (but not quite the same).
> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/D6E71BEFAD7BEB4FBCD8AE74FADB1265011BB40FC749@win-8-eml-ex1.eml.local
>
> I can see the packets arriving and being consumed by the collector..  and, the collector is indeed updating in the
newstats_temp_directory.. just not for that one file.

> It also failed to resolve the buffer drops.. At this point, I'm not sure I expected it to.  They tend to occur
semi-regularly(every 8-13 minutes) but I can't correlate them with any kind of activity (and if I'm honest, it's
possiblystarting to drive me a little bit mad).

This rings a bell for me. I recently had a similar issue in an MMO (Windows) where every 15 minutes I would get a
numberof consecutive freezes in-game. You could set your alarm by it, so regular.

That suddenly went away after I rearranged my home-network (for unrelated reasons), which incidentally moved several
connectionsfrom the switch the game-system was connected to to another switch. I never pinpointed it to UDP, but then
again,TCP would correct for the lost transfers (probably at the cost of UDP traffic).

Perhaps you have a switch somewhere that's overburdened?

Alban Hertroys

От: Adrian Klaver
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] referential integrity between elements of an array andanother table?
От: Rj Ewing
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] full text search on hstore or json with materialized view?