Re: Some 9.5beta2 backend processes not terminating properly?

От Shay Rojansky
Тема Re: Some 9.5beta2 backend processes not terminating properly?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> The backends seem to hang when the client closes a socket without first
> sending a Terminate message - some of the tests make this happen. I've
> confirmed this happens with 9.5rc1 running on Windows (versions 10 and 7),
> but this does not occur on Ubuntu 15.10. The client runs on Windows as well
> (although I doubt that's important).

Hm. So that seems to indicate that, on windows, we're not properly
recognizing dead sockets in the latch code. Could you check, IIRC with
netstat or something like it, in what state the connections are?

netstat shows the socket is in FIN_WAIT_2.

Any chance you could single-step through WaitLatchOrSocket() with a
debugger? Without additional information this is rather hard to
diagnose.

Uh I sure can, but I have no idea what to look for :) Anything specific?