Re: Some 9.5beta2 backend processes not terminating properly?

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Some 9.5beta2 backend processes not terminating properly?
Дата
Re: Some 9.5beta2 backend processes not terminating properly?  (Shay Rojansky <roji@roji.org>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2015-12-30 19:38:23 +0200, Shay Rojansky wrote:
> > Hm. So that seems to indicate that, on windows, we're not properly
> > recognizing dead sockets in the latch code. Could you check, IIRC with
> > netstat or something like it, in what state the connections are?

> netstat shows the socket is in FIN_WAIT_2.

> > Any chance you could single-step through WaitLatchOrSocket() with a
> > debugger? Without additional information this is rather hard to
> > diagnose.
> >

> Uh I sure can, but I have no idea what to look for :) Anything
> specific?

Things that'd be interesting:
1) what are the arguments passed to WaitLatchOrSocket(), most  importantly wakeEvents and sock
2) are we busy looping, or is WaitForMultipleObjects() blocking  endlessly
3) If you kill -9 (well, terminate in the task manager) a client, while  stepping serverside in WaitLatchOrSocket, does
WaitForMultipleObjects() return? If so, what paths are we taking?

Greetings,

Andres Freund