Re: Wrong link not pointing to the release tarball

От Dave Cramer
Тема Re: Wrong link not pointing to the release tarball
Дата
Re: Wrong link not pointing to the release tarball  (Pavel Raiskup <praiskup@redhat.com>)
Re: Wrong link not pointing to the release tarball  (John R Pierce <pierce@hogranch.com>)
Список pgsql-jdbc
As I said this is a maven artifact. We actually don't expect anyone to build from a tarball.

The recommended way to build is to pull from github. However I'm sensing that you have a requirement to build from a tarball?

On 22 January 2016 at 08:26, Pavel Raiskup <praiskup@redhat.com> wrote:
On Friday 22 of January 2016 14:20:20 Pavel Raiskup wrote:
> On Friday 22 of January 2016 07:32:50 Dave Cramer wrote:
> > This is a standard maven artifact. Jar files can be opened using zip tools.
> > If it is not usable in that state we can change it back although it adds an
> > additional step
>
> Ah, I thought that was not intentional.
>
> Tarballs are the standard for releases of wast majority of FOSS projects
> -- as the 'ustar' format is defined by POSIX (and is _really_ simple,
> compared to zip) it is available probably everywhere.  Fore example,
> PostgreSQL and Maven themselves are distributed in tarballs.
>
> As I write you from GNU/Linux, I definitely prefer .tar.gz, but OTOH, this
> is probably not burning if nobody else cares -- I'm just surprised.
> I believe we are able to deal with jar/zip files.

Actually, I'm afraid that the content of the zip file is not
self-standing .. but I'm not sure.

For example, there is the full 'org/postgresql/..' file hierarchy, which
does not match what is in git.  And also the pom.xml files are missing.

Is that expected?  What is the expected way to build from the [1] release
zip file?

[1] https://jdbc.postgresql.org/download/postgresql-9.4.1207-sources.jar

Pavel

Сообщение: Re: Wrong link not pointing to the release tarball
Сообщение: Re: Wrong link not pointing to the release tarball