Re: Wrong link not pointing to the release tarball

От Vladimir Sitnikov
Тема Re: Wrong link not pointing to the release tarball
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
In fact, there are two types of "source artifacts":
1) source.jar -- this one is for IDE integration and manual
inspection. It is not suitable for a build process.
2) *.tar.gz -- I've no idea why is it useful, however, it existed
before mavenization, thus it still exists.

I've no idea *.tar.gz artifact is suitable for build purposes.

Dave, I think Pavel is right in a sense that (Source, 9.4 Build 1207)
link points to postgresql-9.4.1207-sources.jar while it should point
to postgresql-9.4.1207-dist.tar.gz (like the previous versions).

Dave>The recommended way to build is to pull from github.

That is true. "build from github tarball" is tested better (it is used
for driver releases) than "build from *.tar.gz" (it is write-only).

Vladimir

Сообщение: Re: Wrong link not pointing to the release tarball
Сообщение: Re: Wrong link not pointing to the release tarball