Re: SELECT pg_reload_conf(); returning true despite hba file loading was failed

От Raj kumar
Тема Re: SELECT pg_reload_conf(); returning true despite hba file loading was failed
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi all ,

I also faced the same issue when I tried to set host authentication to peer. As peer is not supported for host, I expected a failure in "pg_ctl reload" that didnt happen. Reload showed signaled true.  But in pg_log, there were errors saying that reload was unsuccessful since I've set peer for host.

Any reason why reload works in that way without throwing error?

Thanks,
Raj