Re: SELECT pg_reload_conf(); returning true despite hba file loading was failed

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: SELECT pg_reload_conf(); returning true despite hba file loading was failed
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
RAJAMOHAN <garajamohan@gmail.com> writes:
> After checking the logs, I found out that the hba file was not loaded
> successfully because of the invalid character. My concern is
> why pg_reload_conf is returning true if the load was unsuccessful.

A true result only indicates that a SIGHUP signal was sent to the
postmaster; your backend process has no visibility into whether the
signal was even received, never mind whether the postmaster did
what you wanted.  (I thought this was adequately documented, but it
seems not.)

> Is there any option to check if the load is successful or not, without
> going through the logs?

The pg_hba_file_rules view can help you debug a faulty pg_hba file.

Сообщение: Re: SELECT pg_reload_conf(); returning true despite hba file loading was failed
Сообщение: Re: SELECT pg_reload_conf(); returning true despite hba file loading was failed