Re: Increasing maximum connection for postgresql 9.2

От Jorge Torralba
Тема Re: Increasing maximum connection for postgresql 9.2
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
How much memory does your server have.What is your work_mem set to ?

On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 6:35 PM, Amardeep Kaur <amardeepkaur88@gmail.com> wrote:
Hey Guys

I am trying to increase the max_connection from 100 to 5000. I modified shared_buffer and changed kernel parameters according to
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.2/static/kernel-resources.html#SYSVIPC.
When i stress test it with 500 concurrent request, then after 150 - 160 concurrent connections my database enters into recovery mode and it fails the request. For my stress test i am trying to get data from one table.
Do you guys have any idea what is causing the problem or if i am missing some other configuration?

--
Amardeep Kaur

--
Thanks,

Jorge Torralba

Note: This communication may contain privileged or other confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not print, copy, retransmit, disseminate or otherwise use the information. Please indicate to the sender that you have received this email in error and delete the copy you received. Thank You.