Re: Increasing maximum connection for postgresql 9.2

От David Johnston
Тема Re: Increasing maximum connection for postgresql 9.2
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Amardeep Kaur wrote
> Hey Guys
>
> I am trying to increase the max_connection from 100 to 5000. I modified
> shared_buffer and changed kernel parameters according to
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.2/static/kernel-resources.html#SYSVIPC.
> When i stress test it with 500 concurrent request, then after 150 - 160
> concurrent connections my database enters into recovery mode and it fails
> the request. For my stress test i am trying to get data from one table.
> Do you guys have any idea what is causing the problem or if i am missing
> some other configuration?
>
> --
> Amardeep Kaur

Methinks you should probably "configure" a connection pooler.

Otherwise provide complete and detailed specifics on hardware, software, and
actual configuration values if you expect to get meaningful help on using
such an large max connections setting.

David J.