Re: Schema Consolidation in PostgreSQL

От Jorge Torralba
Тема Re: Schema Consolidation in PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
You can to some extent do the following

ALTER USER name SET configuration_parameter { TO | = } { value | DEFAULT }
ALTER USER name SET configuration_parameter FROM CURRENT
ALTER USER name RESET configuration_parameter
configuration_parameter
value

Set this role's session default for the specified configuration parameter to the given value. If value is DEFAULT or, equivalently, RESET is used, the role-specific variable setting is removed, so the role will inherit the system-wide default setting in new sessions. Use RESET ALL to clear all role-specific settings. SET FROM CURRENT saves the session's current value of the parameter as the role-specific value. If IN DATABASE is specified, the configuration parameter is set or removed for the given role and database only.

Role-specific variable settings take effect only at login; SET ROLE and SET SESSION AUTHORIZATION do not process role-specific variable settings.

See SET and Chapter 18 for more information about allowed parameter names and values.

On Sun, May 10, 2015 at 3:01 AM, Albe Laurenz <laurenz.albe@wien.gv.at> wrote:
Wei Shan wrote:
> When I say resource manager, I actually meant if there's a way to ensure the maximum
> resource utilization by a certain user. For example in Oracle, we can actually limit
> a certain user by setting a resource plan on it. Resource can be CPU.

There is no such thing in PostgreSQL.

You can limit the storage a user can use by keeping his data in a
table space with a certain size.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe