Re: Schema Consolidation in PostgreSQL

От Albe Laurenz
Тема Re: Schema Consolidation in PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Jorge Torralba wrote:
> On Sun, May 10, 2015 at 3:01 AM, Albe Laurenz <laurenz.albe@wien.gv.at> wrote:
>> Wei Shan wrote:
>>> When I say resource manager, I actually meant if there's a way to ensure the maximum
>>> resource utilization by a certain user. For example in Oracle, we can actually limit
>>> a certain user by setting a resource plan on it. Resource can be CPU.

>> There is no such thing in PostgreSQL.
>> You can limit the storage a user can use by keeping his data in a table space with a certain size.

> You can to some extent do the following
>
> ALTER USER name SET configuration_parameter { TO | = } { value | DEFAULT }

But that won't limit the resources used by a user.
A user can have several connections.

You could maybe limit memory usage somewhat by setting work_mem low for
a user and limiting their connections with
ALTER ROLE ... CONNECTION LIMIT ...

But that's a big step from something like Oracle's Resource Manager.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe