Re: Add small detail to RAISE statement descripton

От jian he
Тема Re: Add small detail to RAISE statement descripton
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On Fri, May 17, 2024 at 4:39 PM Igor Gnatyuk <ig953or@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi.
>
> Thank you for your letter. I tried to take your comments into account:
> I added explanations to the condition_name, sqlstate options and
> slightly changed
> the explanations for USING. Attached you will find new patch version.
> Thank you for your help.
>
> Ragards, Igor Gnatyuk

 there occurrence of sqlcode:
+     <replaceable class="parameter">sqlcode</replaceable>
should be:
     <replaceable class="parameter">sqlstate</replaceable>

+    <para>
+     In the syntax of <command>RAISE</command> command with the
+     <replaceable class="parameter">condition_name</replaceable> or
+     <replaceable class="parameter">sqlcode</replaceable> options
+     <literal>USING</literal> clause can be used to supply a custom
error message,
+     detail, or hint. A variation of the example above:
+ <programlisting>
+ RAISE unique_violation USING MESSAGE = 'Duplicate user ID: ' || user_id;
+ </programlisting>
+    </para>

>>  options
>>     <literal>USING</literal> clause can be used to supply a custom error message,
>>     detail, or hint.

"options" should be "optional"?
I am not sure we need to explicitly say, "error message, error detail,
error hint"?