Re: Add small detail to RAISE statement descripton

От Igor Gnatyuk
Тема Re: Add small detail to RAISE statement descripton
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
Hi.

Thanks for the comments. I fixed my mistakes by specifying sqlcode
instead of sqlstate and changed the phrase
with an explicit listing of options in USING. In addition, I moved the
paragraph with it below.
Please check out the new patch version in the attachment.

Regards, Igor Gnatyuk

вс, 19 мая 2024 г. в 11:43, jian he <jian.universality@gmail.com>:

> On Fri, May 17, 2024 at 4:39 PM Igor Gnatyuk <ig953or@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi.
> >
> > Thank you for your letter. I tried to take your comments into account:
> > I added explanations to the condition_name, sqlstate options and
> > slightly changed
> > the explanations for USING. Attached you will find new patch version.
> > Thank you for your help.
> >
> > Ragards, Igor Gnatyuk
>
>  there occurrence of sqlcode:
> +     <replaceable class="parameter">sqlcode</replaceable>
> should be:
>      <replaceable class="parameter">sqlstate</replaceable>
>

> +    <para>
> +     In the syntax of <command>RAISE</command> command with the
> +     <replaceable class="parameter">condition_name</replaceable> or
> +     <replaceable class="parameter">sqlcode</replaceable> options
> +     <literal>USING</literal> clause can be used to supply a custom
> error message,
> +     detail, or hint. A variation of the example above:
> + <programlisting>
> + RAISE unique_violation USING MESSAGE = 'Duplicate user ID: ' || user_id;
> + </programlisting>
> +    </para>
>
> >>  options
> >>     <literal>USING</literal> clause can be used to supply a custom error message,
> >>     detail, or hint.
>
> "options" should be "optional"?
> I am not sure we need to explicitly say, "error message, error detail,
> error hint"?

Вложения