Ambiguous description on new columns

От PG Doc comments form
Тема Ambiguous description on new columns
Дата
Re: Ambiguous description on new columns
Re: Ambiguous description on new columns
Re: Ambiguous description on new columns
Список pgsql-docs

Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/16/logical-replication-col-lists.html

The documentation on this page mentions:

"If no column list is specified, any columns added later are automatically
replicated."

It feels ambiguous what this could mean. Does it mean:

1/ That if you alter the table on the publisher and add a new column, it
will be replicated

2/ If you add a column list later and add a column to it, it will be
replicated

In both cases, does the subscriber automatically create this column if it
wasn't there before? I recall reading that the initial data synchronization
requires the schema of the publisher database to be created on the
subscriber first. But then later updates sync newly created columns? I don't
recall any pages on logical replication mentioning this, up to this point.

Regards,
Koen De Groote