create schedule job

От Karuna Karpe
Тема create schedule job
Дата
Re: create schedule job  (Craig Ringer <ringerc@ringerc.id.au>)
Список pgsql-admin
Hello,

I am create one job using pgAgent in postgres studio.  In that job i want to backup whole database every day.  But when i check the backup location, then there is no any backup file created. I create on script and I give this script location in the definition tab of step window.  My script is following :

#!/bin/bash
#backup directory can be file server share that the PgAgent daemon account has access to
BACKUPDIR="/opt/dailybackup"
PGHOST="localhost"
PGUSER="enterprisedb"
PGBIN="/opt/PostgresPlus/9.0AS/bin"
thedate=$(date +%Y-%m-%d-%H)
themonth=$(date +%Y-%m)

#Create a full backup of the server database
$PGBIN/pg_dumpall -h $PGHOST -U $PGUSER | gzip > $BACKUPDIR/fullbackup-$themonth.sql.gz

#put the names of the database you want to create an individual backup below
dbs=(edb bench_replication bench_parallel pgpool)

#iterate thru dbs in dbs array and backup each one
for db  in ${dbs[@]}
do
        $PGBIN/pg_dump -i -h $PGHOST -U $PGUSER -F c -b -v -f $BACKUPDIR/$db-$thedate.compressed $db
done

But this is not create backup file.

So please give a solution for that.

Regards,