Re: $foo $bar is BAD

От Peter Devoy
Тема Re: $foo $bar is BAD
Дата
Re: $foo $bar is BAD  (Brent Wood <Brent.Wood@niwa.co.nz>)
Список pgsql-general
> Although people commonly use $foo $bar in examples, it is actually a misuse of a VERY rude acronym.

> The next time you need to make an example, please try being a little more original (or meaningful) with your variable
names.

In light of recent CoC decisions, I would like to propose the
opposite.  I think more expletives would
diversify the language of the documentation and lower the barriers to
contribution by individuals more
dispositioned to use colourful language due to their cultural and/or
socioeconomic background. O:-)