Re: Does this perf output seem 'normal'?

От Peter Devoy
Тема Re: Does this perf output seem 'normal'?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I have now done a recording for 60 seconds during a batch of 1000
requests and posted the results on a new issue on the Mapnik repo.

Although Postgres still comes out on top in the perf results I
struggle to believe this is a Postgres issue.  But, if anyone is
curious, the issue is here:
https://github.com/mapnik/mapnik/issues/3414

I may come back here if I don't have luck with the Mapnik developers.

All the best

Peter
3XE
P: 01326 567155
M: 07770 693662
A: 3XE Ltd
Tremough Innovation Centre
PENRYN
TR10 9TA
3XE Ltd · Registered in England and Wales · 9356871

On 27 April 2016 at 16:45, Peter Devoy <peter@3xe.co.uk> wrote:
>> If you really want to profile this, you should fire it off in a tight loop, using wget or ab2 or curl.
>
> Thanks Jeff, that sounds like a smart idea.  I will try later when I
> have access to the server.
>
>>Hi! What do you want to see in perf stats? Maybe you can explain your problem more in details?
>
> Hi Alex )  I am hoping to find out which function calls are taking the
> longest because to the code is taking too long to only parse a small
> XML file and do a few quick database queries.  The last version of
> this software was able to do a lot more in the same period of time.  I
> realise this most likely a client software issue but was hoping it may
> be obvious whether Mapnik is spending too much time with Postgres.
>
> Unfortunately I may just have to try again to build Mapnik from source
> so that I can get debugging/profiling output, etc. -- I was hoping to
> avoid it because it is quite painful.

Сообщение: Re: CREATE EXTENSION without superuser access
Сообщение: Re: CREATE EXTENSION without superuser access