Re: CREATE EXTENSION without superuser access

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: CREATE EXTENSION without superuser access
Дата
Re: CREATE EXTENSION without superuser access  ("David G. Johnston" <david.g.johnston@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
On 04/27/2016 01:22 PM, Steve Atkins wrote:
> I have an app that would benefit from being able to use pg_partman rather than doing it's own ad-hoc partition
management.

> Unfortunately, some of the places where the app needs to run don't have root access to the database server
filesystem,so I can't install the extension in the postgresql extensions directory.

> I could get all the pg_partman functionality by modifying the extension SQL script to remove the extension
functionalityand installing the functions in it manually, but then I can't take advantage of the extension features for
backups,config tables, upgrades and so on - and it's probably not going to interact well if someone does a "create
extensionpg_partman" in the database.

> Is there any way to install an extension either from a SQL connection or from a user-defined directory instead of
.../extensions?

Have not tried it, but you might want to take a look at:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.5/interactive/extend-extensions.html

A control file can set the following parameters:

directory (string)

     The directory containing the extension's SQL script file(s). Unless
an absolute path is given, the name is relative to the installation's
SHAREDIR directory. The default behavior is equivalent to specifying
directory = 'extension'.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

От: Steve Atkins
Сообщение: CREATE EXTENSION without superuser access
От: Peter Devoy
Сообщение: Re: Does this perf output seem 'normal'?