Re: CREATE EXTENSION without superuser access

От Steve Atkins
Тема Re: CREATE EXTENSION without superuser access
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> On Apr 27, 2016, at 2:47 PM, Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
>
> On 04/27/2016 01:22 PM, Steve Atkins wrote:
>> I have an app that would benefit from being able to use pg_partman rather than doing it's own ad-hoc partition
management.

>> Unfortunately, some of the places where the app needs to run don't have root access to the database server
filesystem,so I can't install the extension in the postgresql extensions directory.

>> I could get all the pg_partman functionality by modifying the extension SQL script to remove the extension
functionalityand installing the functions in it manually, but then I can't take advantage of the extension features for
backups,config tables, upgrades and so on - and it's probably not going to interact well if someone does a "create
extensionpg_partman" in the database.

>> Is there any way to install an extension either from a SQL connection or from a user-defined directory instead of
.../extensions?

> Have not tried it, but you might want to take a look at:
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.5/interactive/extend-extensions.html
>
> A control file can set the following parameters:
>
> directory (string)
>
>    The directory containing the extension's SQL script file(s). Unless an absolute path is given, the name is
relativeto the installation's SHAREDIR directory. The default behavior is equivalent to specifying directory =
'extension'.

That's a useful feature, for sure, but I think the control file itself still needs to be in the .../extensions
directory.

Cheers,
  Steve

От: Peter Devoy
Сообщение: Re: Does this perf output seem 'normal'?
От: "David G. Johnston"
Сообщение: Re: CREATE EXTENSION without superuser access