Re: Re: BUG #16068: Collate of 'Norwegian Bokmål' is problematic

От Robert Ford
Тема Re: Re: BUG #16068: Collate of 'Norwegian Bokmål' is problematic
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Sorry about this, but the version was "Windows 2016 standard".  I let the installer stay on "Default locale" while installing.  This results is a config file with the following values:

# These settings are initialized by initdb, but they can be changed.
lc_messages = 'Norwegian Bokmål_Norway.1252' # locale for system error message
# strings
lc_monetary = 'Norwegian Bokmål_Norway.1252' # locale for monetary formatting
lc_numeric = 'Norwegian Bokmål_Norway.1252' # locale for number formatting
lc_time = 'Norwegian Bokmål_Norway.1252' # locale for time formatting

Then:

C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\12\bin>psql postgres postgres
Password for user postgres:
psql (12.0)
WARNING: Console code page (850) differs from Windows code page (1252)
         8-bit characters might not work correctly. See psql reference
         page "Notes for Windows users" for details.
Type "help" for help.

postgres=# select * from pg_settings;
ERROR:  invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0xe5 0x6c 0x5f

søn. 20. okt. 2019 kl. 23:57 skrev Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>:
[ please keep the list cc'd ]

Robert Ford <robfordww@gmail.com> writes:
> On Sat, Oct 19, 2019, 22:03 Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>>> The installer sets the Collate in the config file to 'Norwegian
>>> Bokmål.1251' (or something similar, but notice the 'å')

>> Um, Windows-what exactly?
>> That collation name has given us trouble before, cf
>> https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git&a=commitdiff&h=db29620d4
>> https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git&a=commitdiff&h=aa1d2fc5e
>> I wonder whether Microsoft changed it again :-(

> Windows server 2012

Hm, that's not very new, and it's certainly a version we've tested.
In fact I'd have guessed the above-mentioned patches were tested
against that.

Anyway, my first thought about this is that the mapping installed by
db29620d4 looks like it will recognize 'Norwegian (Bokmål)' but not
'Norwegian Bokmål'.  Could you be more precise about exactly what
you're seeing in the config file?