Re: small pg_basebackup display bug

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: small pg_basebackup display bug
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Dec 15, 2012 at 11:39 AM, Erik Rijkers <er@xs4all.nl> wrote:
> from 9.3devel (this morning):

Is this different from 9.2 and earlier?

> There is a small bug in pg_basebackup: it displays a truncated part of what seems to be the new
> $PGDATA (the source code has 'filename' there, but I don't see what's supposed to be in there).

It is the full name of the file. If the path is too long it gets
truncated before it gets to the actual filename, of course, so it
looks to be the directory.

> The truncated name in parentheses only shows up during the filling of the new PGDATA; when 100% is
> reached that part of the displayed name is deleted.  That's another bug in itself, I think:
> shouldn't the end-state of that line also display the parenthesized name?

Those are both intentional. It may be argued that the intention shoud
be changed :), but it's not a bug in itself - it's acting like
intended.