small pg_basebackup display bug

От Erik Rijkers
Тема small pg_basebackup display bug
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
from 9.3devel (this morning):

There is a small bug in pg_basebackup: it displays a truncated part of what seems to be the new
$PGDATA (the source code has 'filename' there, but I don't see what's supposed to be in there).

The truncated name in parentheses only shows up during the filling of the new PGDATA; when 100% is
reached that part of the displayed name is deleted.  That's another bug in itself, I think:
shouldn't the end-state of that line also display the parenthesized name?

Below is output that shows what I mean: I got that by entering <ENTER> e few times while
pg_basebackup was running

$ pg_basebackup -v -P -D /home/aardvark/pg_stuff/pg_installations/pgsql.93_3pulls2/data
19377/55092 kB (35%), 0/1 tablespace (/home/aardvark/pg_stuff/pg_ins)
45859/55092 kB (83%), 0/1 tablespace (/home/aardvark/pg_stuff/pg_ins)
55101/55101 kB (100%), 1/1 tablespace
pg_basebackup: base backup completed

Thanks,

Erik Rijkers