Re: small pg_basebackup display bug

От Erik Rijkers
Тема Re: small pg_basebackup display bug
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, December 15, 2012 14:10, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 15, 2012 at 11:39 AM, Erik Rijkers <er@xs4all.nl> wrote:
>> from 9.3devel (this morning):
>

>> The truncated name in parentheses only shows up during the filling of the new PGDATA; when 100%
>> is
>> reached that part of the displayed name is deleted.  That's another bug in itself, I think:
>> shouldn't the end-state of that line also display the parenthesized name?
>
> Those are both intentional. It may be argued that the intention shoud
> be changed :), but it's not a bug in itself - it's acting like
> intended.

Fair enough.  How about just changing the possible length to enable display somewhat longer names
like I used?  It truncates to 30 characters; perhaps something like 100 would be more reasonable?
That would make such a truncation less frequent, and after all a truncated display is not
particular useful.

Thanks,

Erik Rijkers