Re: robots.txt on git.postgresql.org

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: robots.txt on git.postgresql.org
Дата
Re: robots.txt on git.postgresql.org  (Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri@2ndQuadrant.fr>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jul 9, 2013 at 5:56 PM, Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri@2ndquadrant.fr> wrote:
>> Gitweb is horribly slow. I don't think anybody with a bigger git repo
>> using gitweb can afford to let all the crawlers go through it.
>
> What's blocking alternatives to be considered? I already did mention
> cgit, which has the advantage to clearly show the latest patch on all
> the active branches in its default view, which would match our branch
> usage pretty well I think.

Time and testing.

For one thing, we need something that works with the fact that we have
multiple repositories on that same box. It may well be that these do,
but it needs to be verified. And t be able to give an overview. And to
be able to selectively hide some repositories. Etc.

Oh, and we need stable wheezy packages for them, or we'll be paying
even more in maintenance. AFAICT, there aren't any for cgit, but maybe
I'm searching for the wrong thing..

If they do all those things, and people do like those interfaces, then
sure, we can do that.

--Magnus HaganderMe: http://www.hagander.net/Work: http://www.redpill-linpro.com/