Re: gitweb gitlog broken links to email archive

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: gitweb gitlog broken links to email archive
Дата
Re: gitweb gitlog broken links to email archive  (Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-www
On Tue, Jan 13, 2015 at 12:59 PM, Erik Rijkers <er@xs4all.nl> wrote:
The web display of our gitlog at

  http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=log

contains links to individual commits, which is great.

It also tries (but fails) to link to email discussion.

For instance, in one of the recent commit-messages it says:

[...]
Discussion: 20150112154026.GB2092@awork2.anarazel.de

this links erroneously to
  http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=object;h=20150112154026

instead of to
  http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20150112154026.GB2092@awork2.anarazel.de

This seems relatively easy to fix, and would make following the development process that much easier.

I'm pretty sure this is not supported in gitweb. If it has some actual plugin functionality that would be something we could use but I'm not sure we want to fork github just for that functionality.

Previously committers have just pasted the full link I think - which would be easy enough to go back to.  Certainly a lot easier than actually forking gitweb. And it would then also work for all other places that render the commits, such as github or just your personal "git log".

--

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления: