Re: gitweb gitlog broken links to email archive

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: gitweb gitlog broken links to email archive
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Erik Rijkers wrote:

> this links erroneously to
>   http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=object;h=20150112154026
>
> instead of to
>   http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20150112154026.GB2092@awork2.anarazel.de
>

> This seems relatively easy to fix, and would make following the development process that much easier.

How would you fix it?

I realized some time ago that using bare message-ids in commit messages
is not such a great idea, mostly because it's difficult to distinguish
them mechanically from email addresses.  Nowadays I (try to) prefix them
with http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/ instead.  This is of course
already a valid URL, it's trivial to determine the message-id from the
full string, and if you're manually copying and pasting from the git
changelog to somewhere else you exactly know what portion to copy.  See
for example
http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commitdiff;h=0e5680f4737a9c6aa94aa9e77543e5de60411322

For some reason gitweb is not rendering those as links, though -- in
that commit message, it also grabs a string that looks like a SHA1 value
as a commit ID.  Silly little thing ... github seems to do the right
thing:
https://github.com/postgres/postgres/commit/0e5680f4737a9c6aa94aa9e77543e5de60411322

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: gitweb gitlog broken links to email archive
Сообщение: Re: gitweb gitlog broken links to email archive