Re: [pgsql-www] search dropdown preset

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: [pgsql-www] search dropdown preset
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Saturday, July 8, 2017, Erik Rijkers <er@xs4all.nl> wrote:
If you're here:

  https://www.postgresql.org/list/pgsql-hackers/

and decide to use the 'Advanced Search' link,
it throws you back at searching *all* lists:

  https://www.postgresql.org/search/?m=1

instead of keeping the 'pgsql-hackers'-focus.
Yes, there is a drop-down but obviously it should not
be necessary to choose 'pgsql-hackers' there again
(and it's more than a scroll down on that drop-down).

Please, could this dropdown be pre-set to the already
chosen area? (in the above case: 'pgsql-hackers')

I looked at the pgsql-www code but I didn't see how to quickly fix this.

Yeah, that's not quite as obvious as it could be. The reason is that part of that code lives in the repository for the mailinglist archives software, and part in the code for the main website.

Still, I imagine it is probably an easy change for someone
familiar with that code.

Could it perhaps be so improved?  It's a small frequently suffered annoyance.

Yeah, definitely agreed. Turns out it is really really trivial to do, just add a single value into the template :) Will push once I'm back to connectivity (along with some code cleanups on the pgweb side to make future updates easier)

Thanks for the report!

//Magnus

--

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления: