Re: [HACKERS] Proposal for changes to recovery.conf API

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Proposal for changes to recovery.conf API
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Sun, Dec 18, 2016 at 2:11 PM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
On Sun, Dec 18, 2016 at 02:02:58PM +0100, Magnus Hagander wrote:
>     >     Again, I am fine putting this as a subsection of the release notes,
>     but
>     >     let's not pretend it is some extra section we can remove in five
>     years.
>     >
>     >
>     > Depends on what we decide to do about it, but sure, it could certainly
>     turn
>     > into another section that we keep around (whether as part of the release
>     notes,
>     > or as a separate "upgrade steps" section or something).
>
>     I suggest whatever we do, we place the information in a permanent
>     location that isn't moved or removed.
>

> +1. Absolutely. That's a very important point.

That is really my only point --- wherever you put it, expect it to live
there forever.

Then in the end, it turns out we're in strong agreement :)

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Proposal for changes to recovery.conf API
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Proposal for changes to recovery.conf API