Re: [HACKERS] Proposal for changes to recovery.conf API

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Proposal for changes to recovery.conf API
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Dec 18, 2016 at 02:14:06PM +0100, Magnus Hagander wrote:
>     >     turn
>     >     > into another section that we keep around (whether as part of the
>     release
>     >     notes,
>     >     > or as a separate "upgrade steps" section or something).
>     >
>     >     I suggest whatever we do, we place the information in a permanent
>     >     location that isn't moved or removed.
>     >
>     >
>     >
>     > +1. Absolutely. That's a very important point.
>
>     That is really my only point --- wherever you put it, expect it to live
>     there forever.
>
> Then in the end, it turns out we're in strong agreement :)

Yes, but there was talk of adding it to the docs, then removing it in
later releases --- that's what I think is a bad idea.  I think it would
be logical to have a sub-document underneath each major release note
section with more detailed instructions.  This could be done for minor
releases as well where necessary.

http://enterprisedb.com