Re: Too many logs are written on Windows (LOG: could not reserveshared memory region (addr=%p) for child %p:)

От Magnus Hagander
Тема Re: Too many logs are written on Windows (LOG: could not reserveshared memory region (addr=%p) for child %p:)
Дата
Ответ на RE: Too many logs are written on Windows (LOG: could not reserveshared memory region (addr=%p) for child %p:)  ("Takahashi, Ryohei" <r.takahashi_2@jp.fujitsu.com>)
Ответы RE: Too many logs are written on Windows (LOG: could not reserveshared memory region (addr=%p) for child %p:)  ("Tsunakawa, Takayuki" <tsunakawa.takay@jp.fujitsu.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Dec 6, 2018 at 7:04 AM Takahashi, Ryohei <r.takahashi_2@jp.fujitsu.com> wrote:
Hi,

I found the reason of the message.

My customer uses "F-secure" antivirus software.
There are several pages that indicate F-secure causes this message such as [1].
I told my customer to stop F-secure and report to the vendor.

Anyway, I think this message is not helpful to administrators and should be lower level such as "DEBUG1".

In this particular case, it seems it *was* helpful, no? That's how you found out the customer used a broken antivirus product, which may certainly also cause *other* issues.

Some sort of rate limiting to reduce the volume might help, but the message itself seems to have clearly been useful.