RE: Too many logs are written on Windows (LOG: could not reserveshared memory region (addr=%p) for child %p:)

От Tsunakawa, Takayuki
Тема RE: Too many logs are written on Windows (LOG: could not reserveshared memory region (addr=%p) for child %p:)
Дата
Ответы RE: Too many logs are written on Windows (LOG: could not reserveshared memory region (addr=%p) for child %p:)  ("Takahashi, Ryohei" <r.takahashi_2@jp.fujitsu.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
From: Magnus Hagander [mailto:magnus@hagander.net]
> In this particular case, it seems it *was* helpful, no? That's how you found
> out the customer used a broken antivirus product, which may certainly also
> cause *other* issues.
>
> Some sort of rate limiting to reduce the volume might help, but the message
> itself seems to have clearly been useful.

+1
We can change pgwin32_ReserveSharedMemoryRegion() to take an argument "int loglevel".  Then the caller first calls it
withLOG, and DEBUGx afterwards.  It may also be helpful for the caller to output "LOG:  tried %d times to reserve
sharedmemory region" when the caller ran the function twice or more before success.  That explains the possibly long
timeor CPU spikes of connection establishment.

Regards
Takayuki Tsunakawa