RE: [PROPOSAL]a new data type 'bytea' for ECPG

От Matsumura, Ryo
Тема RE: [PROPOSAL]a new data type 'bytea' for ECPG
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Meskes-san

Tnak you for your comment.

> I do think, though, we should change the debug output for
> ecpg_free_params().

I try to change about it. Next patch will print binary in hex-format.

> > > The patch does not support ECPG.bytea in sqltype of "struct
> > > sqlvar_struct"
> > > because of compatibility.
>
> Sorry I do not really understand what you mean. Could you please
> explain?

I meaned that existing applications that receive data of bytea column
with using sqlda will encounter their unknown type(=ECPG.bytea) in
sqlvar_struct.sqltype.

Regards
Ryo Matsumura