Re: PostgreSQL 9.3 beta breaks some extensions "make install"

От Marti Raudsepp
Тема Re: PostgreSQL 9.3 beta breaks some extensions "make install"
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 4:49 PM, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:
> That said, I'm obviously outnumbered here.  What about the following
> compromise:  Use the configure-selected install program inside
> PostgreSQL (which we can test easily), and use install-sh under
> USE_PGXS?  Admittedly, the make install time of extensions is probably
> not an issue.

Did we ever do anything about this? It looks like the thread got
distracted with VPATH builds and now I'm seeing this problem in 9.3.0.
:(

This occurs in Arch Linux, but for some odd reason not on Ubuntu when
using apt.postgresql.org. Somehow the pgxs.mk supplied by
apt.postgresql.org differs from the one shipped in PostgreSQL.

Is there a chance of getting this resolved in PostgreSQL or should we
get extension writers to fix their makefiles instead?

Regards,
Marti