Re: getting rid of maintainer-check

От Euler Taveira
Тема Re: getting rid of maintainer-check
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 03-09-2013 23:41, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> The maintainer-check target never really caught on, I think.  Most
> people don't run it, and that in turn annoys those who do.  Also, it
> doesn't provide much functionality.

It has its use (before each release) but I agree that it isn't used
during minor version updates (because you need to update only one or two
po files).

> I propose that we get rid of it and roll the functionality into the
> regular build.

By 'regular build' you mean --enable-nls? If so, +1.

> - Running duplicate_oids during the regular build was already discussed
> elsewhere recently.  There are some details to be resolved there, but
> it's doable.

This has been bashing sufficient developers along the years. +1.

> - Checking for tabs in SGML files can be run during the regular
> documentation build without problems.

This one too. +1.

--   Euler Taveira                   Timbira - http://www.timbira.com.br/  PostgreSQL: Consultoria, Desenvolvimento,
Suporte24x7 e Treinamento

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: Question regarding Sync message and unnamed portal
От: Marti Raudsepp
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL 9.3 beta breaks some extensions "make install"