Re: PostgreSQL 9.3 beta breaks some extensions "make install"

От Cédric Villemain
Тема Re: PostgreSQL 9.3 beta breaks some extensions "make install"
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

Marti Raudsepp <marti@juffo.org> a écrit :
>On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 4:12 AM, Marti Raudsepp <marti@juffo.org>
>wrote:
>> While testing out PostgreSQL 9.3beta1, I stumbled upon a problem
>
>> % make DESTDIR=/tmp/foo install
>
>> /usr/bin/install: will not overwrite just-created
>> ‘/tmp/foo/usr/share/postgresql/extension/semver--0.3.0.sql’ with
>> ‘./sql/semver--0.3.0.sql’
>> make: *** [install] Error 1
>
>On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 4:49 PM, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>
>wrote:
>> That said, I'm obviously outnumbered here.  What about the following
>> compromise:  Use the configure-selected install program inside
>> PostgreSQL (which we can test easily), and use install-sh under
>> USE_PGXS?  Admittedly, the make install time of extensions is
>probably
>> not an issue.
>
>Did we ever do anything about this? It looks like the thread got
>distracted with VPATH builds and now I'm seeing this problem in 9.3.0.
>:(
>
>This occurs in Arch Linux, but for some odd reason not on Ubuntu when
>using apt.postgresql.org. Somehow the pgxs.mk supplied by
>apt.postgresql.org differs from the one shipped in PostgreSQL.
>
>Is there a chance of getting this resolved in PostgreSQL or should we
>get extension writers to fix their makefiles instead?

Apt.pgdg got the patch present in postgresql head applyed.
Andrew is about to commit (well...I hope) a doc patch about that and also a little fix.
Imho this is a bugfix so I hope it will be applyed in older branches.

--
Envoyé de mon téléphone. Excusez la brièveté.