Re: How to list and describe tables in psql???

От Ian Lawrence Barwick
Тема Re: How to list and describe tables in psql???
Дата
Список pgsql-general
2014/1/2 peterlen <peteralen@earthlink.net>:
> Thanks for the responses.  I found that I was using an older version of psql
> (one that got installed when I installed Cygwin on my windows box.   I
> changed it so now the \d+
>  gives  me the description but \d and \dt  still gives me "No relations
> found" so I must be using those incorrectly.

Possibly there's an issue with your search path?

Check if "\dn" lists schemas not listed by "SHOW search_path", if so
you can either explicitly include the schema name (\dt some_schema.*) or
adjust your search path.

See also:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/interactive/ddl-schemas.html#DDL-SCHEMAS-PATH

Regards