Re: Re: [BUGS] BUG #11805: Missing SetServiceStatus call during service shutdown in pg_ctl (Windows only)

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Re: [BUGS] BUG #11805: Missing SetServiceStatus call during service shutdown in pg_ctl (Windows only)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Mar 20, 2015 at 9:48 PM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 28, 2014 at 07:02:41AM +0000, krystian.bigaj@gmail.com wrote:
>> The following bug has been logged on the website:
>>
>> Bug reference:      11805
>> Logged by:          Krystian Bigaj
>> Email address:      krystian.bigaj@gmail.com
>> PostgreSQL version: 9.3.5
>> Operating system:   Windows 7 Pro x64
>>
>> pg_ctl on Windows during service start/shutdown should notify service
>> manager about it's status by increment dwCheckPoint and call to
>> SetServiceStatus/pgwin32_SetServiceStatus.
>>
>> However during shutdown there is a missing call to SetServiceStatus.
>> See src\bin\pg_ctl\pg_ctl.c:
>
> [ thread moved to hackers ]
>
> Can a Windows person look into this issue?
>
>        http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20141028070241.2593.58180@wrigleys.postgresql.org
>
> The thread includes a patch.  I need a second person to verify its
> validity.  Thanks.

FWIW, it looks sane to me to do so, ServiceMain declaration is in
charge to start the service, and to wait for the postmaster to stop,
and indeed process may increment dwcheckpoint in -w mode, and it
expects for process to wait for 12 times but this promise is broken.
The extra calls to SetServiceStatus are also welcome to let the SCM
know the current status in more details.

A back-patch would be good as well...
Regards,
--
Michael