Re: [BUGS] BUG #11805: Missing SetServiceStatus call during service shutdown in pg_ctl (Windows only)

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [BUGS] BUG #11805: Missing SetServiceStatus call during service shutdown in pg_ctl (Windows only)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Oct 28, 2014 at 07:02:41AM +0000, krystian.bigaj@gmail.com wrote:

> Bug reference:      11805
> Logged by:          Krystian Bigaj
> Email address:      krystian.bigaj@gmail.com
> PostgreSQL version: 9.3.5
> Operating system:   Windows 7 Pro x64
>
> pg_ctl on Windows during service start/shutdown should notify service
> manager about it's status by increment dwCheckPoint and call to
> SetServiceStatus/pgwin32_SetServiceStatus.
>
> However during shutdown there is a missing call to SetServiceStatus.
> See src\bin\pg_ctl\pg_ctl.c:

[ thread moved to hackers ]

Can a Windows person look into this issue?
      http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20141028070241.2593.58180@wrigleys.postgresql.org

The thread includes a patch.  I need a second person to verify its
validity.  Thanks.

http://enterprisedb.com
 + Everyone has their own god. +