Re: Re: [BUGS] BUG #11805: Missing SetServiceStatus call during service shutdown in pg_ctl (Windows only)

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Re: [BUGS] BUG #11805: Missing SetServiceStatus call during service shutdown in pg_ctl (Windows only)
Дата
Ответ на Re: Re: [BUGS] BUG #11805: Missing SetServiceStatus call during service shutdown in pg_ctl (Windows only)  (Michael Paquier <michael.paquier@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Mar 21, 2015 at 9:00 AM, Michael Paquier
<michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 20, 2015 at 9:48 PM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
>> On Tue, Oct 28, 2014 at 07:02:41AM +0000, krystian.bigaj@gmail.com wrote:
>>> The following bug has been logged on the website:
>>>
>>> Bug reference:      11805
>>> Logged by:          Krystian Bigaj
>>> Email address:      krystian.bigaj@gmail.com
>>> PostgreSQL version: 9.3.5
>>> Operating system:   Windows 7 Pro x64
>>>
>>> pg_ctl on Windows during service start/shutdown should notify service
>>> manager about it's status by increment dwCheckPoint and call to
>>> SetServiceStatus/pgwin32_SetServiceStatus.
>>>
>>> However during shutdown there is a missing call to SetServiceStatus.
>>> See src\bin\pg_ctl\pg_ctl.c:
>>
>> [ thread moved to hackers ]
>>
>> Can a Windows person look into this issue?
>>
>>        http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20141028070241.2593.58180@wrigleys.postgresql.org
>>
>> The thread includes a patch.  I need a second person to verify its
>> validity.  Thanks.
>
> FWIW, it looks sane to me to do so, ServiceMain declaration is in
> charge to start the service, and to wait for the postmaster to stop,
> and indeed process may increment dwcheckpoint in -w mode, and it
> expects for process to wait for 12 times but this promise is broken.
> The extra calls to SetServiceStatus are also welcome to let the SCM
> know the current status in more details.

So, what's next here?

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company