Re: Missing file versions for a bunch of dll/exe files in Windows builds

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: Missing file versions for a bunch of dll/exe files in Windows builds
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Sat, Jun 21, 2014 at 1:44 AM, MauMau <maumau307@gmail.com> wrote:
> From: "Michael Paquier" <michael.paquier@gmail.com>
>
>> Interesting to see build failing because of that, this is caused by
>> the addition of PGFILEDESC in src/timezone/Makefile. Note that I found
>> something similar with snowball as postgres already includes it,
>> making a similar conflict with the rc file inclusions. Btw, in the new
>> patch attached I have removed both of them for the time being, and
>> build worked fine. This results in dict_snowball.dll not to be
>> versioned though. At the same time, I am removing as well the
>> versioning of the regression stuff in src/test/* (isolation, regress)
>> as they are not mandatory to have for the server and the client
>> binaries/libs. I also noticed that the dlls of conversion_procs were
>> not versioned correctly as well, problem fixed in the new patch,
>

> I see, but that's mottainai.  I could remove the build errors regarding
> src/timezone and dict_snowball by removing the .rc file as follows.  pgevent
> already seems to do something similar.  This gets the patch closer to
> completeness.  I didn't try the stuff in src/test/.
>
> $postgres->AddDir('src\timezone');
> $postgres->RemoveFile('src\timezone\win32ver.rc');
> $postgres->AddFiles('src\backend\parser', 'scan.l', 'gram.y');
>
> $snowball->AddReference($postgres);
> $snowball->RemoveFile('src\backend\snowball\libstemmer\win32ver.rc');
Yeah this trick is fine as well, but it complicates the code without
versioning those paths :) So let's do without please and find a
cleaner solution later on.

>> Globally, we could do a better effort in versioning for
>> dict_snowball.dll, however I'd rather see that in another patch as it
>> would need some more manipulation of Mkvcbuild.pm & co, and current
>> patch already improves versioning for a bunch of files already..
>

> Yes, your current patch improved the file versioning greatly, and I'm
> comfortable with it.  Please tell me if you fix src/timezone, dict_snowball
> and src/test stuff.  I'm okay with either.  Then I'll continue the test with
> the current or next patch.
Current patch would be better, conversion_procs paths are now
correctly versioned.
--
Michael

От: Keith Fiske
Сообщение: Re: BUG #10533: 9.4 beta1 assertion failure in autovacuum process
От: "MauMau"
Сообщение: Re: Missing file versions for a bunch of dll/exe files in Windows builds