Re: Missing file versions for a bunch of dll/exe files in Windows builds

От MauMau
Тема Re: Missing file versions for a bunch of dll/exe files in Windows builds
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
From: "Michael Paquier" <michael.paquier@gmail.com>
> Interesting to see build failing because of that, this is caused by
> the addition of PGFILEDESC in src/timezone/Makefile. Note that I found
> something similar with snowball as postgres already includes it,
> making a similar conflict with the rc file inclusions. Btw, in the new
> patch attached I have removed both of them for the time being, and
> build worked fine. This results in dict_snowball.dll not to be
> versioned though. At the same time, I am removing as well the
> versioning of the regression stuff in src/test/* (isolation, regress)
> as they are not mandatory to have for the server and the client
> binaries/libs. I also noticed that the dlls of conversion_procs were
> not versioned correctly as well, problem fixed in the new patch,

I see, but that's mottainai.  I could remove the build errors regarding
src/timezone and dict_snowball by removing the .rc file as follows.  pgevent
already seems to do something similar.  This gets the patch closer to
completeness.  I didn't try the stuff in src/test/.

 $postgres->AddDir('src\timezone');
 $postgres->RemoveFile('src\timezone\win32ver.rc');
 $postgres->AddFiles('src\backend\parser', 'scan.l', 'gram.y');

 $snowball->AddReference($postgres);
 $snowball->RemoveFile('src\backend\snowball\libstemmer\win32ver.rc');

> Globally, we could do a better effort in versioning for
> dict_snowball.dll, however I'd rather see that in another patch as it
> would need some more manipulation of Mkvcbuild.pm & co, and current
> patch already improves versioning for a bunch of files already..

Yes, your current patch improved the file versioning greatly, and I'm
comfortable with it.  Please tell me if you fix src/timezone, dict_snowball
and src/test stuff.  I'm okay with either.  Then I'll continue the test with
the current or next patch.

Regards
MauMau