Re: [HACKERS] standby server crashes hard on out-of-disk-space in HEAD

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: [HACKERS] standby server crashes hard on out-of-disk-space in HEAD
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jun 13, 2017 at 4:21 AM, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> On 2017-06-12 15:12:23 -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
>> Commit 4b4b680c3d6d8485155d4d4bf0a92d3a874b7a65 (Make backend local
>> tracking of buffer pins memory efficient., vintage 2014) seems like a
>> likely culprit here, but I haven't tested.
>
> I'm not that sure. As written above, the Assert isn't new, and given
> this hasn't been reported before, I'm a bit doubtful that it's a general
> refcount tracking bug.  The FPI code has been whacked around more
> heavily, so it could well be a bug in it somewhere.

Something doing a bisect could just use a VM that puts the standby on
a tiny partition. I remember seeing this assertion failure some time
ago on a test deployment, and that was really surprising. I think that
this may be hiding something, so we should really try to investigate
more what's wrong here.
--
Michael