Re: [HACKERS] NoMovementScanDirection in heapgettup() and heapgettup_pagemode()

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] NoMovementScanDirection in heapgettup() and heapgettup_pagemode()
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Mithun Cy <mithun.cy@enterprisedb.com> writes:
> I was trying to study NoMovementScanDirection part of heapgettup() and
> heapgettup_pagemode(). If I am right there is no test in test suit to
> hit this code. I did run make check-world could not hit it. Also,
> coverage report in
> https://coverage.postgresql.org/src/backend/access/heap/heapam.c.gcov.html
> shows this part of the code is not hit. Can somebody please help me to
> understand this part of the code and how to test same?

I think that's probably dead code given that ExecutorRun short-circuits
everything for NoMovementScanDirection.  There is some use of
NoMovementScanDirection for indexscans, to denote an unordered index,
but likely that could be got rid of too.  That would leave us with
NoMovementScanDirection having no other use except as a do-nothing
flag for ExecutorRun.