Re: PostgreSQL 9.3.3 and Hot standby

От Michael Paquier
Тема Re: PostgreSQL 9.3.3 and Hot standby
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Fri, Feb 28, 2014 at 1:28 AM,  <fburgess@radiantblue.com> wrote:
> We currently have PostgreSQL 9.3.2 running in production, but we are still
> in the process of standing up a Hot standby server. The release notes for
> 9.3.3 indicates "Replication and Data Integrity Fixes". Do we need to apply
> the 9.3.3 patch before we configure the Hot Standby server? Or can we get
> by. I noticed that in the release notes it says "We have also fixed three
> bugs which could cause new standbys to fail to start up" and "Importantly,
> standby servers must be updated to 9.3.3 or later before the replication
> master is updated, or replication will be broken"
If you do not have yet a standby set up, going ahead with first doing
the update to 9.3.3, restarting the master and then setting up a
standby would be a natural way of doing IMO. If you have already a
standby set up, first update the standby, then the master.
Regards,
--
Michael

От: shivshi
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL 6.2.5 Visual Studio Build does not pass the regression tests.
От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: