Re: PostgreSQL 6.2.5 Visual Studio Build does not pass the regression tests.

От shivshi
Тема Re: PostgreSQL 6.2.5 Visual Studio Build does not pass the regression tests.
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Thanks Noah Misch for looking into this.

> Please tell us as much as possible about the OS configurations that have
> exhibited the problem and the OS configurations that have *not* exhibited
> the problem with the same binaries.

The OS configuration that has exhibited the problem is Windows 7 Enterprise,
64 bit OS on Intel Core-I7.
We are not aware of a OS configuration on which this did work.

> A MinGW build certainly includes win32_sema.c, and I don't see why it
> wouldn't use that code path.  How did you determine that?

I thought the MinGW build which is built with gnu compiler invokes Posix
libraries and doesn't call into Windows System calls directly.

> I assume you mean 9.2.3 and 9.2.5?

Correct, apologize for the typo. I couldn't change the title(or the content)
after the issue was reated.

> Would you verify that the attached patch fixes your builds?

Do you want me to go ahead with the tests or do you want me to wait to
incorporate Tom Lane's suggestions